Friday, February 25, 2011

Fine art of procrastination

While an undergrad I developed a low-guilt qualification to my avoiding 'real work'. It had to be useful somehow. This led to a pretty dcent running regimin and randomly clean house (on occasion)to forgo running stats on SAS or grinding soil samples or something.
Now that I've moved on to graduate work, I've had to step up my procrasitination as well. I still work out to avoid the billionth virology text, but I've also taken up gardening and sewing. It's funny how you eventually become what 17 year old you would absolutely hate. Feminism be damned, I'm sewing a damn dress and not reading those big 'ol words.

Farming is an exciting venture as well. As I live in an apartment, I've found an awesome community supported agriculture group ( Beardsley Farms href="http://beardsleyfarm.org/">) whic is a mile away from my house. If I run or bike there instead of writing that's double the procrasitination- working out and organic farming. Probably the best use of my time, right? I suppose I could always just write blog posts....oh wait.

No comments: